The Mission of the LMU-DH Program is to develop competent oral health care providers who are committed to the premise that the cornerstone of meaningful existence is service to humanity.
THE MISSION OF THE LMU-DH PROGRAM IS ACHIEVED BY:
- Graduating competent Registered Dental Hygienists.
- Providing a values-based learning community as the context for teaching, research, patient care, and service.
- Improving the oral and general health of the people within the Appalachian region and beyond.
- Focusing on enhanced access to oral health care for underserved communities.
- Investing in quality academic programs supported by superior faculty and technology.
- Embracing compassionate, patient-centered, and person-centered oral health care values diversity, public service, and leadership as an enduring commitment to professionalism and the highest ethical standards.
- Facilitating the growth, development, and maintenance of graduate dental hygiene education.
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM GOALS
- Provide dental hygiene students with a quality education that integrates evidence-based knowledge and skills in general education, biomedical science, dental science, dental hygiene science, and basic clinical education necessary to become competent dental hygiene practitioners.
- Provide an environment that promotes and supports research and scholarly activity in education and oral health care.
- Provide high quality, evidence-based, patient-centered care for our patients while improving access to oral health care in the region through the practice of our graduates.
- Address the oral health needs and improve access to oral healthcare in the region through continuing dental hygiene education and community service efforts.